CORRECTION: AW: fw: Google starts supporting RDFa -- 'rich snippets'

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Chris Bizer wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> don't know. In a O'Reilly about Google's RDFa support, Guha says that
>> they draw and plan to draw from existing vocabularies.
>> "And we're not going to do this all by ourselves. As it is, we are
>> drawing from several sources. We're drawing from microformats. We're
>> drawing from vCard. And there are other places that you will see. And
>> there's other people who know more about their topics than we could
>> possibly know. And we'll draw on all of these things. So to come back
>> and answer your question, we hope that the scope of this will be
>> substantially more than the scope of all the particular data types
>> that work today by microformats."
>>
>> See http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/05/google-adds-microformat-parsin.html
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Chris
>>

> All,
>
> Even if Google makes up their own vocabulary, so what? Is this whole
> game about meshing structured data? This is simply a case of meshing
> their vocabulary with other vocabularies.
>
> btw - the UMBEL framework has existed with this sort of thing in mind
> for eons. Middleware style integration isn't an ABox realm constrained
> activity, you can integrate in the TBox realm, and in actuality this
> is where the real magic will happen :-)
>

> Links:
>
> 1. http://umbel.org/
>

> Kingsley

Meant to say:

Even if Google makes up their own vocabulary, so what? *Isn't* this
whole game about meshing structured linked data? This is simply a case

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO