Re: Example RDF linking species concepts to photo gallery RDF, Suggestions or Comments Appreciated

In <http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/72> Tim Berners-Lee
writes:

> On the other hand, also one should not encourage people having to
> declare both a property and its inverse, which would simply double
> the number of definitions out there, and give one more axis of
> arbitrary variation in the way information is expressed.

In other words, there isn't really a need to define both
speciesHasGallery *and* galleryHasSpecies. You only need one of them.
I've fallen into the trap of defining inverse properties before and
when it comes to actually working with the data (e.g. performing
SPARQL queries), it ends up complicating things.

Also, have you seen <http://purl.org/NET/biol/ns#> ? If you make
geospecies:SpeciesConcept an rdfs:subClassOf biol:Taxonomy, then
geospecies:speciesHasGallery can be an rdfs:subPropertyOf biol:seeAlso.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>