Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

On 7 May 2009, at 12:08, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Interestingly, it doesn't seem like this question has ever come up
> before.  If there were a Working Group with this in scope, it could
> (following appropriate process) publish a new version at that same
> location, but short of that, there's no handy solution.  Harry and I
> have talked about it, though, and will try to come up with something.

Perhaps the Semantic Web Deployment Working Group or IG could be the
home to discuss the update?

> (Obviously it would depend on there being some kind of community
> consensus on what to do about it, or at least approval from you and/or
> your employer at the time (IPR Systems).  They're no longer W3C
> members;
> do you know if they have any involvement in this area any more?)

I was asked (in 2004) to update the W3C Note, but by then IPR Systems
was not longer a member (dot-com startup victim) and no longer
existed....but NICTA does and is a W3C member and can support this.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA