Re: Segment RDF on BBC Programmes

From: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 18:24:15 +0100
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>

> RDFa will not generally negate the essential separation of Name (via
> URI.URN-URL) and Address (via URI.URL) since Linked Data oriented triples
> will still contain de-referencable URIs :-)

if you can put the RDF and the human legible HTML version in the same
address there is absolutely no reason to have separate resources.

If you really want to make it clear that "its not an informative
resource" (its not like up to today we had any evidence of this being
practically useful or enabling so far, matter of fact there are
evidences of the contrary [1])   then just say that in the RDF
<thisuri> <isnot> <aninformativeresource> :-)

gone with content negotiation, gone with multiple URI URN URL and
distinctions among them.

I hope we can agree on the principle of keeping things absolutely as
easy as possible, as the only way to win (back..) interest from the
actual web development circles and have adoption

Giovanni

[1] http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2008/02/urls-are-people-too.html