Re: ANN: The GoodRelations Annotator: How any business can get onto the Web of Data - today!

From: Martin Hepp (UniBW) <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 11:27:03 +0200
To: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
CC: richard.hancock@3kbo.com, public-lod@w3.org
Hi all:

 >By the way, any chance of asserting that a gr:BusinessEntity is
equivalent to a foaf:Organisation or foaf:Agent?
As a statement in a particular data space, I think such a link is pretty
accurate and useful. However, we currently prefer to collate such
"heuristics"-based mapping axioms in separate files instead of including
them in the vocabulary specification. The reason is that some users of
GoodRelations manage clean OWL DL models inside corporate applications;
there, importing, or linking to, RDF schema elements has unwanted
side-effects.

Don't get me wrong: We are very interested and collecting practically
useful link statements. But I think they should be managed in a modular
fashion.

Best
Martin