Re: LDOW2009 Workshop now publishing Linked Data (was Re: Linked Data on the Web (LDOW2009) workshop papers online.)

Hey Kingsley,

2009/3/18 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
> Tom Heath wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the name of eating our own dog food, information about the upcoming
>> LDOW2009 workshop at WWW2009 is now being published as Linked Data.
>> Basically the workshop site [1] now contains a reasonable amount of
>> RDFa about papers, PC members and chairs, with links between LDOW2009
>> authors, chairs and PC members and their corresponding entries in the
>> SW Conference Corpus [2].
>>
>> There is plenty more data that could be exposed, but I think this is a
>> reasonable start. If you want to see the data in other forms, you can
>> use the RDFa Distiller [3], to get e.g. RDF/XML [4].
>>

> Tom,
>
> Good start.
> Now we just need to get PDFs into Slidy or model then properly using the
> Bibo Ontology :-)

Yes, there's a lot further to go. One step at a time :)

> I have many URIs but you can safely use:
> <http://myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this> (drop "#this" to get
> my FOAF / OpenID page URLs). I noticed I don't have a URI based on graph I
> just culled from the RDFa :-(

You should have a URI in the graph that the RDFa serialises. In fact
you should have two! This is an artefact of the way the script handles
paper authors vs chairs; because there are few of them, a URI is
specified for each of the chairs, and I used your
<http://myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this> URI for this
purpose.

In contrast, the references to you, me, Chris and Tim in the Programme
follow the authors pattern and just map author names to URIs in the
http://data.semanticweb.org/ namespace (this was the cause of the
issue which Daniel Schwabe spotted where Chris had multiple URIs, and
why he's now referred to as Christian Bizer on the site ;).

Of course this aspect of the script could be enhanced to allow
different URIs for each author to be specified, but I can't really
imagine anyone taking the time to perform the lookup process, tbh.
We'll just have to rely on some smushing to work out that the two
Kingsley Idehen's being referred to are actually the same :)

If the graph you're extracting from the RDFa shows no URI for you,
then something is wrong. I used the pyRDFa distiller at W3C to check
the output, but I notice that Elias's RDFa Extractor [1] produces
different results (fewer triples).

FTR, this was my first experience getting my hands dirty with RDFa,
and pleased to say it was radically better than my experience with
microformats [2], but do we have sufficiently robust and consistent
RDFa extractors to allow us to verify that we're creating the graphs
we intend to?

Cheers,

Tom.

[1] http://torrez.us/rdfa/