From: public-lod-request@w3.org on behalf of Mischa@Garlik
Sent: Tue 03/03/2009 10:53
To: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: Re: AW: New LOD Cloud - Please send us links to missing data sources

Hello,

Having just seen the bigger and better LOD cloud [1]. I was wondering
whether QDOS should have a link to DBpedia, as we emit owl:sameAs
relationships from celebs to dbpedia resources: see Barak Obama's
turtle file [2]. QDOS currently has around 100,000 people, about half
of which are linked to dbpedia resources.

Cheers,

Mischa

[1] http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/lod-datasets_2009-02-27.png
[2] http://qdos.com/celeb/Barack-Obama/6050a1f1a818bf959f70afbd46273dea/turtle

On 28 Feb 2009, at 09:03, Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi Kingsley,
>
>> You have MySpace and Flickr Wrappers but still don't include all the
>> Virtuoso Sponger Cartridges (which are wrappers) to the Cloud [1] ?
>
> The last time I checked the cartridges, I had the impression that
> they were
> not very much interlinked with the rest of the LOD cloud and about
> half of
> them were down.
>
> The links to DBpedia were rather strange. For instance the first
> link I
> found owl:sameAs'ed Yahoo finance balance sheet with Dbpedia bed
> sheet,
> which is even for me as a big supporter of owl:sameAs links a bit
> too much
> Semantic gap.
>
> Did you improve the quality of the external links in the meantime
> and do the
> cartridges regularly deliver data?
>
> Another problem is that many of the sources are not really Open Data
> as
> various license restrictions apply.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

___________________________________
Mischa Tuffield
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
FOAF URI - http://mmt.me.uk/foaf.rdf#mischa

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU