Re: Analyzing the success of LOD

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:08:57 -0500
To: Daniel Schwabe <dschwabe@inf.puc-rio.br>
CC: public-lod@w3.org, Andraz Tori <andraz@zemanta.com>, Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Daniel Schwabe wrote:
> On 02/03/2009 10:55, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> De-referencable URIs, Negotable Representation of Resource
>> Descriptions, and other elements of the Linked Data Web's FORCE as
>> are simply there to be tapped by current/next generation of
>> innovators on  the Web and/or across the Enterprise en route to
>> solving real problems. Examples ares would include:
>>
>> 1. Identity (decentralized and non-repudiatable variety via foaf+ssl
>> which is ultimately going to be sparql+ssl) -- then we can fix mail,
>> commenting and other critical aspects of the Web and Internet
> Hmmm, are you proposing this as an alternative to, say, OpenID? Can
> you elaborate on this a bit more?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Daniel Schwabe
> Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356
> Fax: +55-21-3527 1530
> http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe 	Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
> R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
> Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil

Daniel,

No, this is an addition to the stack. It's focus is de-referencing
without Web Page based authentication in the mix. As per my link to
foaf+ssl in my earlier response, Henry Story has covered OpenID and
FOAF+SSL matter in depth.

Links:

1. http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/what_does_foaf_ssl_give

President & CEO