Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

On 25/6/09 19:06, Jeff Finkelstein, Customer Paradigm wrote:
> Martin-
>
> I agree that the .htaccess file is a big stumbling block for many people
> with low-cost hosting.  Would a lightweight php-based application that could
> write to the .htaccess  / create the RDF file work to solve this easily?

I'd suggest exploring a lightweight but standards-based PHP app that
could be dropped into a site, given a configuration and top-level
directory, such that external sites could use a OAuth interface to
negotiate write access, and then use AtomPub to post all kinds of data
into that Web space.

(per my previous post)

Actually I forgot another benefit of this model: external sites could
re-post data automatically, with no further user interaction. This
solves a lot of "my foaf file ... i generated it once but didn't keep it
up to date" problems...

Dan