Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:16:18 -0700
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Tom Heath <tom.heath@talis.com>, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, bill.roberts@planet.nl, public-lod@w3.org, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Pat Hayes wrote:

> RDF should be text, in documents. One should be able to use it without
> knowing about anything more than the RDF spec and the XML spec. If it
> requires people to tinker with files with names starting with a dot,
> or write code, or deploy scripts, then the entire SWeb architecture is
> fundamentally broken.

Largely agreeing with you Pat, I think I would want to go a step further
and say that you should be able to use RDF without knowing anything
about the RDF spec or the XML spec, or any other spec. Web users are not
required to read the specs.

Using RDF includes publishing it. The "infrastructure" whatever that is
should achieve the ability to publish my data in an appropriate way.

Jeremy