Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Hi all,

2009/6/25 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
> Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
>>>
>>> That can then be inserted as code snippets via copy-and-paste to any
>>> XHTML
>>> document.
>>>
>>> Any opinions?
>>>

>> Great, why bother with any other solution.
>> even talking about any other solution is extraordinarely bad for the
>> public perception of the semantic web community.
>>
>> Giovanni
>>

> Giovanni,
>
> We don't need mutual exclusivity re. Linked Data Deployment.
>
> There's nothing wrong with an array of options that cover a broad range of
> Linked Data deployment circumstances.
>
> HTTP is the essence of the Web (what makes it what it is), and Content
> Negotiation is intrinsic to HTTP.
>
> Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, really.

+1, with bells on! I'm in complete agreement with Kingsley here which,
as Twitter users will know, isn't something we can always take for
granted ;)

"Many different tools for many different jobs....many different tools
for many different jobs...."

Tom.