Re: Contd LOD Data Sets, Licensing, and AWS

Hi,

2009/6/24 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>
>> Leigh Dodds wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> You can chose from several at http://www.opendatacommons.org/

>>> I have. I've read the licensing, terms and policies of a number of
>>> different websites.

>>> Really? I'm not trying to be unfair, but where on:
>>>

>> You're not being unfair. We are trying to get to the bottom of something
>> that really important.
>>>
>>> http://lod.openlinksw.com/
>>>
>>> Or
>>>

>>> http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffreebase.com%2Fguid%2F9202a8c04000641f80000000083d84dd
>>>

>> The URIs are in full view. Use a Linked Data Aware user agent against the
>> URIs and you end up in the originating Freebase Data Space. This is my
>> fundamental point re. preservation of original URIs.

The fact that the URIs are in full view accords with your view as URI
as sole means of attribution, but its irrelevant as far as the
Freebase terms goes. Where's the text, logo, etc that they're asking
for? Thats how the rights holder is asking to be attributed.

re: specific ODC license. I think the ODBL license does what you want.
Or PDDL with specified community norms.

Cheers,

L.

--