Re: LOD Data Sets, Licensing, and AWS

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

>  There will be dozens or hundreds of other documents that use the same URI
>> and the owners of those datasets would like attribution for their work. For
>> example, I can make some unique assertions about you that no-one else has
>> and I would like those attributed to me - using your URI would not provide
>> that attribution.
>>

> But your URIs conveys your point of view. The important thing here is that
> their is a route back to your data space; the place from which your point of
> view originates.
>
> If the pathways to the origins of data are obscured we are recreating
> yesterday's economy (imho), one in which original creators of work as easily
> dislocated by middlemen. An economy in which incentives for data publishing
> are minimal for those who have invested time and money in quality data
> curation and maintenance.

I'm not talking about obscuring any pathways. I'm talking about using
existing URIs and adding more information. If I publish the following RDF as
part of a set of reviews at http://example.com/reviews then how, in your
scheme, am I supposed to get attribution?

<http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen> a foaf:weblog ;
rev:text "Kingsley's blog, often containing pertinent lod postings" .

Ian