LOD Data Sets, Licensing, and AWS

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:36:00 -0400
CC: public-lod@w3.org
All,

As you may have noticed, AWS still haven't made the LOD cloud data sets
-- that I submitted eons ago -- public. Basically, the hold-up comes
down to discomfort with the lack of license clarity re. some of the data
sets.

Action items for all data set publishers:

1. Integrate your data set licensing into your data set (for LOD I would
expect CC-BY-SA to be the norm)
2. Indicate license terms in the appropriate column at:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/DataSetRDFDumps

If licenses aren't clear I will have to exclude offending data sets from
the AWS publication effort.

President & CEO