Re: http://ld2sd.deri.org/lod-ng-tutorial/

Martin,

> It was not my intend to insult anybody.

Thank you.

> And Michael, please be frank - there is a tendency in the LOD community
> which goes along the lines of "OWL and DL-minded SW research has proven
> obsolete anyway, so we LOD guys and girls just pick and use the bits and
> pieces we like and don't care about the rest".

Your words, not mine ;)

> What made the Web so powerful is that its Architecture is extremely
> well-thought underneath the first cover of simplicity. Exactly the
> opposite of "I will use this pragmatic pattern until it breaks" but
> instead "architectural beauty for eternity".

"While simplicity makes it possible to deploy an initial implementation of a
distributed system, extensibility allows us to avoid getting stuck forever
with the limitations of what was deployed."

>From the seminal paper 'Principled Design of the Modern Web Architecture' by
Roy T. Fielding and Richard N. Taylor [1]. Agree.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/webarch_icse2000.pdf

--