Re: Common Tag, FOAF and Dublin Core Re: Common Tag - semantic tagging convention

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 01:49:56PM +0200, Dan Brickley wrote:
> >Well I actually meant dcterms:creator when I wrote dc:creator, sorry. So
> >you can link your personal tags to your foaf profile, for example.
> >And it's consistent even for tag:AutoTag, since the range of
> >dcterms:creator is dcterms:Agent, including person, organisation and
> >software agent as well.
> >Unless I miss some sublte distinguo dcterms:Agent is equivalent to
> >foaf:Agent, and dcterms:creator equivalent to foaf:maker. BTW, with due
> >respect to danbri, I wish FOAF would be revised to align whenever
> >possible on dcterms vocabulary, now that it has clean declarations of
> >classes, domains and ranges ...
> >http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms is worth (re)visiting :-)
>
> Completely agree. I'm very happy with the direction of DC terms. The
> foaf:maker property was essential for a while, until DC was cleaned up.
> I'll mark it as a sub-property of dcterms:creator. I hope we'll get
> reciprocal claims into the Dublin Core RDF files some day too...
>
> Copying Tom Baker here. Tom - what would the best process be for adding
> in mapping claims to the DC Terms RDF? Maybe we could draft some RDF,
> put it onto dublincore.org elsewhere, and for now add a seeAlso from the
> namespace RDF?

Hi Dan,

If you could write up a short proposal -- how the properties are
defined, with a proposed mapping claim -- we could discuss this
in the DCMI Usage Board and take a decision.  We associate
changes in the namespace RDF (and related namespace
documentation) with formal decisions so would need to follow a
process.

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>