Re: vocabularies and data alignment

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> François Scharffe wrote:
>> Hugh Glaser wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> To put it in simple terms for me :-)
>>> Are you after the algorithms we use to identify when two instances
>>> are the same?
>>> Best
>>> Hugh
>>
>> Yes !
>>
>> François
>
> So if the answer is "Yes". Then do you mean things in the ABox and TBox?
> Must be clear here as being too generic leads to confusion.

Link generators are working at the instance level (ABox), they generate
links between instances. They need some input, a specification of what
should be interlinked. We think this specification can be lifted to an
alignment between vocabularies (TBoxes). Well we are not 100% sure this
will work, that's why we would like to get such tools and their linkage
specifications.
I can take an example, interlinking persons: one dataset is described
with FOAF, the other with VCard.
?x foaf:name ?name.
?y vc:n [
	vc:family-name ?fn;
	vc:given-name ?gn.
	].
the linkage specification might be something like:
if compare(?name, concat(?gn," ",?fn)) > threshold
then output("?x owl:sameAs ?y")

In fact, this specification says
foaf:name <-> concat(vc:given-name," ",vc:family-name)
which is an alignment at the TBox level that can be lifted from the
linkage specification.

I hope I was clear enough this time ;)

Cheers,
François