Re: vocabularies and data alignment

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Hi,
> To put it in simple terms for me :-)
> Are you after the algorithms we use to identify when two instances are the same?

No, he isn't talking ABox.  He is talking TBox (data dictionary).

I posted a link about a simple mapper ontology for Google's RDF vocabs
that basically prevent the innocent from using those terms
and ending up down a swamp (to put things as mildly as possible).

See: http://purl.org/NET/googlevocab#

UMBEL is about doing this on bigger and broader scales :-) That's always
been the purpose of this project since inception.

Kingsley
> Best
> Hugh
>
> On 11/06/2009 12:57, "François Scharffe" <francois.scharffe@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear LODers,
>
> There has been a couple of discussions already on this list on the need
> for a vocabulary to represent correspondences between terms of different
> vocabularies. We also saw recently various tools (e.g. Silk, ODDlinker)
> allowing to automatically interlink datasets given a specification of
> what should be linked.
>
> However, there is currently no common way to publish and share this
> information (i.e., not the links but the way to generate them, see [1]
> for precision).
>
> We are setting up an experiment [1] to see if it is possible to provide
> useful services from this data. But for that purpose we need your help.
>
> So this is a call for contribution: we are collecting any specification
> of link generator for the LOD graph.
>
> Of course, do not hesitate to comment on the idea or to tell us if you
> want to be involved.
>
> We promise a report on this by the end of summer (northern hemisphere :).
>
> Cheers,
> François
>
> [1] http://melinda.inrialpes.fr

President & CEO