RE: sameas.org

From: Chris Wallace <Chris.Wallace@uwe.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:26:26 +0100
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Cc: Ian Millard <icm@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hugh

This is excellent stuff and I totally support your views about composable Sem Web tools:

Just a couple of observations:

- the AJAX interface is neat but its no good for browsing: when returning to a list of links, status has been lost so an unfolded list is folded again, and there is no indicated of visited links. I would favour conventional web behaviour.

- not your problem but I note that search via Sindice is rather disappointing  - for example

http://sameas.org/html?q=Kiwi   (a general term for a flightless bird found in New Zealand divided into several species, but also a colloquial expression for a New Zealander and a Kiwifruit)

throws up a radio station, an animated cartoon and lots of wordnet links to a juggle of plumbing but no juice.  No sign of

http://dbpedia.org/resource/Kiwi however

Chris Wallace

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found