Re: looking for an event ontology/vocabulary

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Simon
Reinhardt<simon.reinhardt@koeln.de> wrote:

> I just went by what I saw missing at http://linkedevents.org/ontology/ - and
> there both the HTML and the RDF/XML documents map "only" to DC, CIDOC-CRM,
> the Event Ontology and DOLCE+DnS Ultralite.

Yes, this is true. Although we discuss all models listed above in our
report we do not have mappings to all of them in the RDF/XML. We do
not map to ABC because the model is sufficiently different that it did
not make sense to make a formal mapping. The RDF/OWL version
EventsML-G2 is not available yet, so we're waiting on that. F uses
DOLCE+DnS Ultralite so the mapping is via that ontology. I would like
to map to OpenCYC but I'm still not sure of the relationships. We have
mappings to BIO which are used for the display of the Congressional
Biography events at <http://linkedevents.org>, but I still need to add
these statements to the RDF/XML at <http://linkedevents.org/ontology>.