Re: ANN: Sparallax! - Browse sets of things together (now those on your SPARQL endpoint)

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
> Dear Semi Structured Data Enthusiasts,
>
> we are today pleased to announce version 1 of Sparallax
>
> Sparallax is an adaptation of the  FreeBase Parallax to use SPARQL endpoints.
>
> Thanks to a proxy and query translation modules (SPARQL to MQL and
> results translated back), Sparallax is minimally invasive to the
> original code of Freebase Parallax and will be maintained in parallel
> in the same SVN repository.
>
> Due to requirements of query functionalities and aggregates, Sparallax
> currently only works on Virtuoso SPARQL endpoints. (do other
> triplestores have aggregates? if so please let us know and we'll try
> to support other syntaxes as well)
>
> Sparallax allows faceted browsing of very large and complex SPARQL
> datasets. More than this it allows moving from sets of resources to
> other sets which are related through properties
>
> Try sparallax on our test datasets or put just the URL of your SPARQL
> endpoint (but make sure you have materialized your RDFs triples, it's
> needed)
>
> http://sparallax.deri.ie/
>
> (please dont forget to visit the original parallax site, to watch that
> original screencast in case you didn't already)
>
> Big thanks to David Huynn for the support
> All credits must go to Nishant Jaint (Development) and Michele Catasta
> (Supervision)
>
> Giovanni

Giovanni,

Please relay the following to whoever performed this port:

Please unshackle the HTTP URIs of the "Things" mentioned in the page.
Giving user agents "run scrip []" is simply not what the Web is supposed
to be about.

David fixed this glitch in his effort, so please embrace and extend his
work with more Linked Data compliance, assuming this is a Linked Data
oriented offering.

President & CEO