Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
> Google has just changed the wording of the documentation:
>
> http://knol.google.com/k/google-rich-snippets/google-rich-snippets/32la2chf8l79m/1#
>

> The mentioning of cloaking risk is removed. While this is not final
> clearance,
> it is a nice sign that our concerns are heard.

Great work!

Doing the right thing is what matters, and I do believe that Google (as
they've just demonstrated), Yahoo! etc. all want to make the Web a
better and smarter place etc. :-)

Kingsley

> Best
> Martin
>

> Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
>> Dear all:
>> Fyi - I am in contact with Google as for the clarification of what
>> kind of empty div/span elements are considered acceptable in the
>> context of RDFa. It may take a few days to get an official statement.
>> Just so that you know it is being taken care of...
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> Mark Birbeck wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,

>>> By coincidence, I just read this:
>>>
>>>   Hidden div's -- don't do it!
>>>   It can be tempting to add all the content relevant for a rich snippet
>>>   in one place on the page, mark it up, and then hide the entire block
>>>   of text using CSS or other techniques. Don't do this! Mark up the
>>>   content where it already exists. Google will not show content from
>>>   hidden div's in Rich Snippets, and worse, this can be considered
>>>   cloaking by Google's spam detection systems. [1]
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> <http://knol.google.com/k/google-rich-snippets/google-rich-snippets/32la2chf8l79m/1#>