Re: Content Negotiation and HTTP 303 Redirect Code Samples

David Booth wrote:
> If you want to implement your own 303-redirect service, the full code
> that is used to implement http://thing-described-by.org/ and
> http://t-d-b.org/ can be viewed here:
> http://thing-described-by.org/?showfile=.

David,

In a sense we are now clearly unveiling a functional partition within
the general scope of Linked Data Deployment i.e.,  the disambiguation of
a Resource URI and the URI of its Metadata doc is distinct from the
deployment of HTTP URIs published in line with the Linked Data meme.

Personally, I find the above extremely important re. overall Linked Data
meme comprehension.

Juan/Tom: I assume Davids service will be added to an appropriate
location within the <http://linkeddata.org> data space ?

All:

As you can see we can sanely describe the Linked Data meme without
wandering down the information resource and non information resource
comprehension cul-de-sac. Ditto examples that inaccurately use "Document
vs Real World Things" anecdotes,  when documents are themselves "Things"
worthy of description via associated metadata.

Metadata has been with us for eons, so lets use it to bring brevity and
broad comprehension to our messaging.

FWIW - binding Metadata docs to their subjects via HTTP  URIs is
basically what the Linked Data meme fundamentally addresses in a novel way.

Kingsley
> David Booth
>
> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 15:58 +0200, Juan Sequeda wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> In a recent thread there was a lot of discussion of how the content
>> negotiation through .htaccess can be complicated. Several people
>> started to send their solutions to this problem through PHP and Python
>> scripts. I believe that these solutions are a very important resource
>> for the whole LOD community. Hence, Tom and I have set up a section on
>> linkeddata.org on Content Negotiation:
>>
>> http://linkeddata.org/conneg-303-redirect-code-samples
>>
>> Currently we have examples in PHP and Python. There is a RoR script on
>> the way too! If anybody else has any other code examples of how to do
>> Content Negotiation, please let me know so we can add your link on the
>> website!
>>
>> Thanks to everybody who has contributed!
>>
>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
>> Dept. of Computer Sciences
>> The University of Texas at Austin
>> www.juansequeda.com