Re: Content Negotiation and HTTP 303 Redirect Code Samples

Great work Juan, thanks. The community owes you a beer or ten :)

2009/7/6 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
> Juan Sequeda wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> In a recent thread there was a lot of discussion of how the content
>> negotiation through .htaccess can be complicated. Several people started to
>> send their solutions to this problem through PHP and Python scripts. I
>> believe that these solutions are a very important resource for the whole LOD
>> community. Hence, Tom and I have set up a section on linkeddata.org
>> <http://linkeddata.org> on Content Negotiation:
>>
>> http://linkeddata.org/conneg-303-redirect-code-samples
>>
>> Currently we have examples in PHP and Python. There is a RoR script on the
>> way too! If anybody else has any other code examples of how to do Content
>> Negotiation, please let me know so we can add your link on the website!
>>
>> Thanks to everybody who has contributed!
>>
>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
>> Dept. of Computer Sciences
>> The University of Texas at Austin
>> www.juansequeda.com <http://www.juansequeda.com>
>> www.semanticwebaustin.org <http://www.semanticwebaustin.org>
>
> Juan / Tom,

Hi Kingsley,

> Nice addition.

Thanks. Juan did the work, I just greased the wheels :)

> Please make this an entry under "Guides & Tutorials". Otherwise, add a
> "How-To" section.

If someone wants to write a language-neutral guide to using these code
snippets that would be great, and would make a good entry in the
Guides and Tutorials section. Until then I'll leave the code samples
under Tools, as putting them under Guides without the guide bit would
probably only make the situation worse.

> Also, do clearly express that this is about "Linked Data Deployment" using Apache.

Is this actually the case? I would assume that the majority of the
code is reusable as-is on other web servers that support the language
in question, with just a small amount of porting required to adapt the
.htaccess specifics.

> Tom: I would also suggest inserting some RDFa into these pages i.e. enhance the page metadata.

Yes, this would be good. I'll find a moment to explore the RDF modules
for Drupal and take appropriate actions.

Regards,

Tom.