Re: studies about LD visibility

From: Tom Heath <tom.heath@talis.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:19:08 +0000
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Jun Zhao <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>, Olaf Hartig <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>, public-lod@w3.org

Yes, nice one Hugh; this raised a smile :)

As a serious response to a (partially?) flippant comment, Linked Data
enthusiasts may find the tone and content of the first few sentences
of the ISWC2009 Research Track CFP enlightening:

"The web continues to grow and increasing amounts of data are
available for human and machine consumption, processing, and
re-dissemination. As Semantic Web technologies (including linked data
approaches) mature and become usable by end-users we can expect to
encounter new technologies, modes of interactions, and applications
that enable us to "surf" this web of data. These new approaches give
rise to new challenges - both from a technical and human-computer
interaction perspective."

Please also remember that there'll be another Semantic Web In Use
track at ISWC2009 :)
(forgive the missing details, these will be added imminently)

2009/1/28 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>:
> On 1/27/09 3:47 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> On 27/01/2009 16:31, "Jun Zhao"<jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>> that there are things that cannot be done without LD. And I would really
>>> want to know what the LD community feels about how far the LD technology
>>> is reaching outside the SW community.
>> I would be interested to know how far LD technology is reaching into the
>> SW
>> community.
> Hugh,
> LOL!!
> Good point !
> --
> Regards,
> Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
> President&  CEO
> OpenLink Software     Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
> Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com
> shared innovationTM
> Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those
> of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this email message
> and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of
> the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then
> please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this
> e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.
> Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is
> registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights
> Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.

Dr Tom Heath
Platform Division
Talis Information Ltd
T: 0870 400 5000