Re: studies about LD visibility

From: Olaf Hartig <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:25:40 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org

Hello,

On Thursday 22 January 2009 02:58:17 Semantics-ProjectParadigm wrote:
> Can you be more specific on "communities" and "benefits"?

I admit "communities" is not the proper word. I mean different groups of
people that might benefit from using linked data. Such groups are: developers
of applications that process or mash data published on the Web, publishers in
the classical sense (e.g. BBC, NYT), Web 2.0 publishers (e.g. bloggers,
Flickr users), businesses (e.g. Amazon), etc.

What I'm looking for are studies that consider one or more of these groups and
that deal with questions such as: What percentage of people in these groups
knows about linked data? Are people in these groups aware of the potential
benefit linked data may provide?

The potential benefits are varying depending on the group. Mash-up developers,
for instance, can combine data from different sources more easily.
Furthermore, they don't have to access a different proprietary API for each
data source.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Greetings,
Olaf