DBpedia Update and Pending Changeover

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:07:06 -0500
CC: dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

All,

We are about to transition DBpedia from a Virtuoso 5 instance over to a
Virtuoso 6.x (Cluster Edition) instance  sometime this week after a few
days of live testing against a temporary secondary instance [1].  The
new release also includes our much vaunted server side faceted browsing
[2] that leverages SPARQL aggregates and configurable interaction time
for query payloads (*note the retry feature which increments the
interactive time window to demonstrate full effects*).

In the process of conducting this effort, we discovered that the Yago
Class Hierarchy hadn't been loaded (courtesy of some TBox subsumption
work  performed by the W3C's HCLS project participants such as Rob Frost).

In addition, Virtuoso 6.x introduces TBox subsumption via new
Virtuoso-SPARQL transitivity options as exemplified below using the V6.0
instance at:
http://dbpedia2.openlinksw.com:8895/sparql (or /isparql).

-- Yago Subsumption based AlphaReceptors query
select ?y
from <http://dbpedia.org/resource/classes/yago#>
where {
         { select *
           where { ?x rdfs:subClassOf ?y . }
         }
         option (transitive,
                 t_distinct,
                 t_in (?x),
                 t_out (?y)
                 )  .
         filter (?x =
<http://dbpedia.org/class/yago/AlphaReceptor105609111>)
      }

-- Yago Subsumption based Receptors query
select ?x
from <http://dbpedia.org/resource/classes/yago#>
where {
         { select *