Re: Nutrition / Linked data

For the moment, I've decided to KISS - model food name => energy content
broken down into fat, carbohydrates, protein; get the terms and
relationships / measurements right; and expand out later to food groups,
nutrients, and other detail.

At least that way I can get something published and build a few applications
ontop of it; and expand it out if there is interest.

Dan Brickley mentioned FAO's AGROVOC, but its not exactly the easiest
website to use and he suggests theres more happening behind the scenes than
on the public website; particular in the way of vocabularies and the like.

I also came across FAO's infoods content, which provides plain text
abbreviation definitions - a bit of a pain and a bit out of scope to deal
with.