Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Kingsley Idehen
<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Simon Reinhardt wrote:
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't really know how you could expect me to be associated with output
>>> that wasn't Linked Data in the purest sense. I am not an isolationist :-)
>>>
>>> Have you looked at what has been produced?
>>
>> I'm sorry, I take everything back! :-)
>
> LOL!!
>>
>> Looking at
>> http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtEC2AMIMusicBrainzInstall
>> right now, so you do have your own dereferenceable URIs. I guess I got
>> confused when you said:
>>
>>> We have a new cut as per my mail about MusicBrainz and EC2, and it is
>>> based on MusicBrainz URIs.
>>
>> I took that to mean you're using MB URIs. But I guess what you meant was
>> that you use the MB UUIDs to construct your URIs.
>
> Yes.
>
> One thing we will add is an owl:sameAs link to the actual MB UUIDs so that
> we mesh naturally should Linked Data every come out of their domain.
>>
>> And I see that it's directly based on the dbtune data. Nice!

Indeed - that's really nice :-) Kingsey, btw, is there a SPARQL end
point for Musicbrainz available as part of that work? The DBTune one
seems to have quite a few users, but I think I ll redirect them to
yours if there is one, as our end point is fairly slow.

Also, do you keep in sync with Musicbrainz data? Or do you work on a DB dump?