Re: Broken Links in LOD Data Sets

Bernhard, All,

I agree that the process should be automated or at least automatable,
however, I guess we need humans in the loop (as often ;).

Now, thinking more about this, I'm unsure actually if this issue should be
addressed on the 'descriptive' level (that is, via voiD ;). To broaden the
discussion, I've put my thoughts together at [1]; the two main 'design'
criteria for the solution, IMHO, are:

1. someone (machine or human)  who *uses* the data *reports* it, and
2. the dataset publisher (rather than a centralised service) *fixes* it.

Cheers,
      Michael
[1]
http://webofdata.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/how-to-deal-with-broken-data-links
/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,