Re: Semantic Web pneumonia and the Linked Data flu (was: Can we lower the LD entry cost please (part 1)?)

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> IMHO, the discussion about incentives v. costs is really interesting.
> Publishing linked data is getting easier as better tools become
> available.  As a relative new comer, i can already get a sense about
> this.  But maybe we need to be more clear about the incentives.  I'm
> not sure if this means more/better evangelist style documents or maybe
> it means some killer end-user app or some combination.

Both! More evangelism and more killer apps. Problem of the killer apps, is
that it's not easy to do, hence no killer app as arrived. [1].

[1] http://twitter.com/jahendler/statuses/1177039105

> What is out there to explain the incentives?

Evangelize and create easy tools to consume linked data. I evangelize by
outreach (semanticwebaustin.org) and creating easy tools to consume linked
data (squin.org)