Re: Semantic Web pneumonia and the Linked Data flu

Hello,

Juan Sequeda wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Georgi Kobilarov
> <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de <mailto:georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     Wait a second. Publishing Linked Data from relational databases?
>
>     D2R-Server, Virtuoso Relational Mappings? Juan, you should be
>     familiar with that stuff…
>
> Of course... but even though. IMO, not easy enough! I'm taking the
> position as owner of one of the million web applications out there,
> powered by a rdbms, and now hearing about the LD thing going on. If I
> want to be part of it... I would have to invest a lot of time and effort
> with existing tools such as d2r sever, etc...

Triplify (http://triplify.org) is lightweight and very easy to use. Its
purpose is to encourage small or medium sized websites to publish parts
of their relational data with minimal effort required. For a few popular
applications, configuration files are already provided. See also our WWW
paper about Triplify [1].

Kind regards,

Jens

[1] http://jens-lehmann.org/files/2009_triplify.pdf