RE: Semantic Web pneumonia and the Linked Data flu (was: Can we lower the LD entry cost please (part 1)?)

I've got the feeling that you're confusing incentives and costs. Someone
does something when the incentive (the perceived benefit) is higher than
the costs. By making the tools easier to use, we lower the cost. If we
increase the incentive, people are willing to take higher costs.

in my opinion, while lowering the cost by providing easier tools is
good, we're still missing good incentives. And those data owners who do
not want to give data away right now won't do it independently of how
good the tools are.

Cheers,

Georgi

--