Re: Can we lower the LD entry cost please (part 1)?

On 2/8/09 10:28 AM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
> Georgi, All,
>

>> If we don't reward the Linked Data publishers who provide clean data and
>> penalize those who don't, there will never be an incentive to do it right.
>>

> I couldn't agree more. I have contemplated about that recently (p16 in [1])
> and, yes, one goal of voiD is helping publishers to concisely express what
> their dataset is about, under which license it is available, which
> vocabularies are used or how many triples one can expect [2] and on the
> other hand how the dataset is linked with other datasets [3].
>
> Looking forward to find and use a respective voiD description for DBpedia ;)

VoiD for DBpedia is coming. As per usual, it isn't simple work (even
though the end product sometimes distorts the work involved).
Our incentive: simple, it showcases a tough task handled by a serious
Linked Data platform i.e., OpenLink Virtuoso.

Kingsley
> Cheers,
>        Michael
>
> [1] http://www.talis.com/nodalities/pdf/nodalities_issue4.pdf