Re: Can we lower the LD entry cost please (part 1)?

Georgi, All,

> If we don't reward the Linked Data publishers who provide clean data and
> penalize those who don't, there will never be an incentive to do it right.

I couldn't agree more. I have contemplated about that recently (p16 in [1])
and, yes, one goal of voiD is helping publishers to concisely express what
their dataset is about, under which license it is available, which
vocabularies are used or how many triples one can expect [2] and on the
other hand how the dataset is linked with other datasets [3].

Looking forward to find and use a respective voiD description for DBpedia ;)

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.talis.com/nodalities/pdf/nodalities_issue4.pdf
[2] http://rdfs.org/ns/void-guide#sec_1_Describing_Datasets
[3] http://rdfs.org/ns/void-guide#sec_2_Describing_Dataset_Interlink

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,