Re: DBTropes.org, a TVTropes.org linked data wrapper

From: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:44:36 +1030
To: Malte Kiesel <malte.kiesel@dfki.de>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Malte Kiesel <malte.kiesel@dfki.de> wrote:

> Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>
>  I more specifically was asking "Can I have a
>> discover-links-on-freebase-feature", as there is probably more
>> relevant data in freeebase which is not necessarily in dbpedia (yet)
>>

> I'll look into that. It seems that Sindice performs a bit odd searching in
> Freebase though (try queries with domain:rdf.freebase.com). Any pointers
> on how to search in Freebase from Java without hassle?

Client side:
http://code.google.com/p/freebase-suggest/

You can pre-arm it to limit to certain types, and it's a pretty good wayt to
resolve an ID.

Server side:
http://www.freebase.com/docs/data/search

JSON results.

Other queries:
Freebase works around "MQL", which is kind of like expressing the key /
value pairs you want to search for as a series of hashes/objects in
javascript/json, and using 'null' to say "SELECT * FROM table".

If you can think in SPARQL and write javascript, this is for you.