Re: attaching multiple licenses

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:50:48 -0500
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: Keith Alexander <keithalexander@keithalexander.co.uk>, Georgi Kobilarov <georgi.kobilarov@gmx.de>, public-lod@w3.org
Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 07:15 -0500, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> Yes, I still stand by my case for HTTP URIs as implicit vehicles of
>> Attribution.
>>

> 	<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Arthur_Brown_(musician)>
> 	  <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person/homeTown>
> 	    <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Lewes> .
>
> The above triple is true, though it doesn't make sense to attribute it
> to dbpedia.org, as DBpedia doesn't seem to know about it.

This isn't what I mean re. DBpedia URIs and Attribution. Its about
keeping @hrefs for URIs visible to user agents.

I am saying: if you make a resource on the Web that meshes your data
with data from: <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Lewes>. In your resource,
keep <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Lewes> (one of your data sources)
visible to user Agents via @href or <link/> or RDFa. This is no
different to the age-old practice of: attributing your sources.

I am also saying, based on the example above, the literal attribution:
"Data provided by DBpedia", isn't really valuable since its doesn't hone
it to the specific data source within DBpedia that is the basis of your
meshup.

President & CEO