Re: attaching multiple licenses

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 11:05 +0000, Tom Heath wrote:
> IIRC then Tim disagreed with this at some point, arguing that two
> documents that describe the same resource and are reached by content
> negotiation and a 303 from the same URI should contain the same
> information to the greatest possible extent. Even where we discount
> aspects like navigation and ads in HTML documents I don't agree with
> this; HTML and RDF documents have different audiences and therefore
> the requirements on them are different.

I agree that two representations of a resource should provide
substantially the same data (within the limits of the media types of
each resource), but if you're offering two separate resources at
separate URIs, then I don't see why they need contain similar data.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>