Re: Lightweight RDF to Map Various Semantic Representations of Species

Hi Peter,

Impressive work -- on the topic of species, this seems to be the
dataset to end all datasets ;-)

I get confused by all the links though. Why is everything mentioned in
the file connected to everything else? Why are there three sets of
foaf:topic links, where everything is a topic of everything else?
Isn't all this a bit overkill? Wouldn't it be enough to have the
outgoing links exactly once?

Other minor things:

1. skos:scopeNote: "Provides metadata about the this .rdf page" --
"the this". It's also a bit weird -- the subject of the statement *is*
the RDF page, so you're saying: "This RDF page provides metadata about
this RDF page."

2. The dcterms:description of the HTML page states that it's an RDF
page.

3. cc:license is incorrectly capitalised (twice)

Some specifics about the voiD document:

1. You say that your links are subsets of the datasets they link to.
For example, you say that your TaxonConcept-to-Freebase links are a
subset of Freebase. That is only true if they are physically contained
in the Freebase dataset, which I think is not the case. They are a
subset of the TaxonConcept dataset, because they are served as part of
the TaxonConcept web site, but not Freebase.

2. The uriRegexPattern is "^http://rdf.taxonconcept.org/ses/$", which
means it contains exactly one URI (because of anchoring at the
beginning and end). That's probably not the intention?

3. The URI http://rdf.taxonconcept.org/ont/txn.owl# is listed twice as
void:vocabulary.

4. cc:license is incorrectly capitalised (twice).

5. You have a triple "<void.rdf> foaf:topic <void.rdf>"

6. You state that the web site http://lod.taxonconcept.org is the
publisher of the voiD file. A document cannot be a publisher.

7. You bind the sc: namespace to the Semantic Sitemap XML namespace.
That's not an RDF namespace, and you never use it anyway. (Including
it is harmless though of course.)

Best,
Richard