VoCampDC October 30-31

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:35:04 -0400
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org, discuss@lists.vocamp.org
Cc: todd_pehle@yahoo.com
Just a quick note to announce that a Vocabulary Camp has been
scheduled at the Library of Congress in Washington DC (Oct 30-31) [1].
Tom Heath and Valentina Presutti had the idea to host this VoCamp just
after the International Semantic Web Conference (Oct 25-29) [2]. The
idea being that people who are potentially interested will already be
in the DC area. I wanted to get the word out now so people could
adjust their travel plans if necessary.

The wiki page [1] is pretty light on details at the moment, so if you
would like to attend, please free to add yourself, and any topics that
might be of interest. I noticed that the NeoGeoVoCamp folks are
looking to host a VoCamp at the same time [3], but haven't found a
location yet. We'll have space for up to 100 people in the room at the
Library of Congress, so perhaps we can combine these two events? The
LC venue will have public wifi, and is in the Jefferson Building [4]
where Gutenberg and Mainz Bibles and other library eye candy are
nearby.

I hope you can join us,
//Ed

[1] http://vocamp.org/wiki/VoCampDCOctober2009
[2] http://iswc2009.semanticweb.org/
[3] http://vocamp.org/wiki/NeoGeoVoCampOctober2009
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson_Building

[apologies for any duplication as a result of cross-posting]