Re: Top three levels of Dewey Decimal Classification published as linked data

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Panzer,Michael<panzerm@oclc.org> wrote:

> Whereas when you want to refer to a specific language or format, you
> have to use a specific URI for an information resource, e.g.,
> http://dewey.info/class/641/about.de or
> http://dewey.info/class/641/2003/about.de. So language _is_ recognized
> as part of the domain, but only as part of representations, not of
> concepts.

I don't understand this part. I understand why you ought to have
language-specific (and versioned) concepts for the DDC. But then it
seems to me that you should have language-specific (and versioned)
URIs for the *concepts*, not just for the information resources that
represent them. As it stands (and as Ed pointed out), you seem to be
asserting that your information resources are SKOS Concepts.

(For what it's worth, I agree with Pat Hayes that one ought to be able
to have a single URI that provides access to the information resource
and at the same time refers to the abstract concept. But that's not
how everyone else is doing it.)