Re: [Fwd: Re: ANN: RDF2RDFa: Turning RDF/XML into Snippets for Copy-and-Paste]

From: Roberto García <rogargon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:58:45 +0100
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org, Andreas Radinger <andreas.radinger@unibw.de>
Hi Toby,

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to solve these issues

> A few bits of feedback:
> 1. The contents of the @content attributes don't seem to be properly
> HTML-escaped. This is especially problematic for literals that contain
> quote marks.

The RDF2RDFa service is based on a XSLT and now we've changed the
output method to HTML. Now, it seems to be HTML-escaped. However, when
rendered in the http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/rdf2rdfa/ web
interface the HTML is unescaped.

We will fix this. Meanwhile, it is possible to get the escaped output
by directly invoking the underlying service (e.g.
Here you get the raw output so you will need to do "view source code"
from a web browser in order to look at the RDFa.

> 2. Using the "/>" closing notation for <span> and <div> elements *will
> not work* in real-world browsers unless a page is served with an X(HT)ML
> MIME type. Use full end tags: <span ...></span>.

The XSLT html output method also makes the output to have full end
tags so it seems fine now.

> 3. The generated code seems to nest <div> elements inside <span>
> elements. This is invalid both in HTML and XHTML.

Thanks, fixed now. Just <div>

> 4. When using the "Convert from URI" form, the tool sends an HTTP Accept
> header of: "text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2". Given
> that the tool only accepts RDF/XML, this should probably be something
> like: "application/rdf+xml, application/xml;q=0.1, text/xml;q=0.1".
> Right now it fails on URIs that are connection negotiated.

It works now (e.g.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Roberto García