Re: ProductDB

Note that the GoodRelations "seeks" patterns allows using the full
amount of details and the same vocabulary for specifying wish lists you
can say that you are interested in TV sets with at least 11 inches of
screen size etc. So it is not only a simple wish list, but allows using
all features of GoodRelations for the buy side - with the simple
difference of using gr:seeks instead of gr:offers between the
gr:BusinessEntity and the gr:Offering.

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelationsSeeks

Alexandre Passant wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>

> On 14 Aug 2009, at 13:50, Juan Sequeda wrote:
>
>> Congrats Ian and all! Great contribution!
>>
>> Toby, how about a wish list vocabulary? Would be cool if it gets done
>> at VoCamp.
>
> A WishList class has been added in the SIOC Types module recently, it
> can certainly be used as a base for this kind of vocab.
>
> Alex.
>

>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
>> Dept. of Computer Sciences
>> The University of Texas at Austin
>> www.juansequeda.com
>> www.semanticwebaustin.org
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 10:15 +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
>> > I'm pleased to announce the first release of ProductDB:
>> > http://productdb.org/
>>
>> Nice. This, I think, would be very useful in conjunction with a few
>> terms to link products to people and organisations.
>>
>> Firstly: where are products available?
>>
>>        <http://productdb.org/nokia-n95> :availableFrom <#someShop> .
>>
>> (GoodRelations probably has a term that can be used here.)
>>
>> Secondly: what do I have?
>>
>>        <#me> :hasOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> .
>>
>> Or maybe:
>>
>>        <#me> :has [ :isOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> ] .
>>
>> Which is less simple, but allows me to state additional information
>> about the particular phone I have.
>>
>> Thirdly: what do I want?
>>
>>        <#me> :wantsOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> .
>>
>> The "firstly" and "thirdly" data combine nicely to allow FOAF files to
>> include "Wishlists" similar to the Wishlist feature on Amazon.com and
>> similar sites.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any vocabs that provide terms like these? If not,
>> shall I add to the VoCampBristol2009 todo list?
>>
>> --
>> Toby A Inkster
>> <mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>
>> <http://tobyinkster.co.uk>
>>

> --
> Dr. Alexandre Passant
> Digital Enterprise Research Institute
> National University of Ireland, Galway
> :me owl:sameAs <http://apassant.net/alex> .

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearcMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09