Re: ProductDB

Hi Juan:
GoodRelations already provides support for wish lists:

See

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelationsSeeks

No need to reivent it ;-)

Best

Martin

Juan Sequeda wrote:
> Congrats Ian and all! Great contribution!
>
> Toby, how about a wish list vocabulary? Would be cool if it gets done at
> VoCamp.
>
> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
> Dept. of Computer Sciences
> The University of Texas at Austin
> www.juansequeda.com
> www.semanticwebaustin.org
>

> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 10:15 +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
>>
>>> I'm pleased to announce the first release of ProductDB:
>>> http://productdb.org/
>>>
>> Nice. This, I think, would be very useful in conjunction with a few
>> terms to link products to people and organisations.
>>
>> Firstly: where are products available?
>>
>>        <http://productdb.org/nokia-n95> :availableFrom <#someShop> .
>>
>> (GoodRelations probably has a term that can be used here.)
>>
>> Secondly: what do I have?
>>
>>        <#me> :hasOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> .
>>
>> Or maybe:
>>
>>        <#me> :has [ :isOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> ] .
>>
>> Which is less simple, but allows me to state additional information
>> about the particular phone I have.
>>
>> Thirdly: what do I want?
>>
>>        <#me> :wantsOneOf <http://productdb.org/nokia-6230i> .
>>
>> The "firstly" and "thirdly" data combine nicely to allow FOAF files to
>> include "Wishlists" similar to the Wishlist feature on Amazon.com and
>> similar sites.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any vocabs that provide terms like these? If not,
>> shall I add to the VoCampBristol2009 todo list?
>>
>> --
>> Toby A Inkster
>> <mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>
>> <http://tobyinkster.co.uk>

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearcMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09