Re: ANN: D2R Server and D2RQ V0.7 released

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> On 11 Aug 2009, at 18:45, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Why isn't D2R JDBC and/or ODBC based, in a generic sense? Both APIs
>> provide enough Metadata oriented APIs for enabling a more RDBMS
>> agnostic variant of D2R.
>
> Glad to inform you that D2RQ is JDBC based, and has been since 2004.
Yes, but the problem is that is doesn't use JDBC metadata calls to
ensure it simply works with any JDBC Driver.

Of course we've tested it for JDBC against Virtuoso eons ago, something
we do instinctively re. all JDBC or ODBC based apps.

If JDBC is done right, you wouldn't have to make statements like: SQL
Server support added (which make my hair stand). I am sure you know,
JDBC Drivers have existed for SQL Server for eons etc..

To conclude, are you implying the following re. D2R:

1. JDBC support has evolved since 2004?
2. It now works with any JDBC Driver for any ANSI SQL compliant RDBMS.

Kingsley

> Best,
> Richard
>

>> As I am sure you can imagine, my hair stands (literally) whenever I
>> encounter RDBMS specific client apps. :-)
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen          Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> President & CEO OpenLink Software     Web: http://www.openlinksw.com