Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Fwd: Your message to Dbpedia-discussion awaits moderator approval

From: Jamie Taylor <jamie@metaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:46:24 -0700
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de>, Kavitha Srinivas <ksrinivs@gmail.com>, dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Kavitha,

I agree with Kingsley et al. - very cool stuff indeed.

It would be great to have these loaded into Freebase where everyone
could continue to work on them as a community.

You can write these into Freebase yourself (try loading against Sandbox
first) - but I am happy to work with you if you would like assistance.

One thing I would suggest for Linked Data interoperability is to use the
Freebase RDF URI for all Freebase references.  For example, the URI for
the type /music/artist should be http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/music/artist
(not http://freebase.com/music/artist)

Jamie

Jamie Taylor, Ph.D.
Minister of Information - Metaweb Technologies
http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/en.jamie_taylor
Author of "Programming the Semantic Web"