Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Fwd: Your message to Dbpedia-discussion awaits moderator approval

Hi Tim
    I understand what you are saying -- but some of this reflects the
way types are associated with freebase instances.  The types are more
like 'tags' in the sense that there is no hierarchy, but each
instance is annotated with multiple types.  So an artist would in
fact be annotated with person reliably (and probably less
consistently with /music/artist).  Similar issues with Uyhurs,
murdered children etc.  The issue is differences in modeling
granularity as well.  Perhaps a better thing to look at are types
where the YAGO types map to Wordnet (this is usually at a coarser
level of granularity).
Kavitha