Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Fwd: Your message to Dbpedia-discussion awaits moderator approval

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Your dbpedia --> freebase type link mappings are now live re. the public
> DBpedia instance.  Very very cool stuff!
> Graph IRI: <http://dbpedia.org/freebase_type_links#>

I thought that this would be super useful, but when I looked at the
example in the message

  http://dbpedia.org/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fclass%2Fyago%2FNewYorkCityMusicians&urilookup=1

I noticed that the yago:Musician is declared to be owl:equivalentClass
freebase:people/person.  This can't be right.  Greping through the NT
dump I find more than 20K yago classes defined to be the equivalent of
Freebase's people/person, including Uyghurs, murdered children and
Norwegian Eurovision contestants.  Given the semantics of
owl:equivalentClass, all 20K of these yago classes are asserted to
have the same extent.

Now *that's* irrational exuberance!

--
 Tim Finin, Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, Univ of Maryland
 Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Cir, Baltimore MD 21250. finin@umbc.edu