Re: Anyone RDFized IP address geolocation data?

On 01/08/2009 18:33, "Gregory Williams" <greg@evilfunhouse.com> wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
>> Also, what would be my best bet for mapping country codes ("US" etc)
>> to the country's entry in dbpedia (or nearby)? What I'm aiming for is
>> something like:
>>
>> [    a IPMapping;
>>     ipAddressRange "123.321.0.0";
>>     country <#country>   ]
>>
>> <#country> a Country;
>>    countryCode "XX" .
>>
>> Suggestions on whether I should retain/modify the original indexing
>> and appropriate vocabs appreciated too :)
>

> The DAML iso countries ontology[1] has terms for this:
>
> <http://www.daml.org/2001/09/countries/iso#GB>
>      iso:code "GB" ;
>      iso:name "UNITED KINGDOM" ;
>      a iso:Country .
>
> .greg
>
> [1] http://www.daml.org/2001/09/countries/iso

And there is a Linked Data site (with SPARQL endpoint) of the UN Locode data
at
http://unlocode.rkbexplorer.com/id/GB
with some co-ref, although sameas.org has more co-ref.
Also, if you were to generate more co-ref data, I would be very pleased to
receive it to put in sameas.org
Thanks.
Hugh