Re: Fwd: [periodicals] Announce: Sample Linked Periodical Data

Leigh Dodds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following announcement will be of interest to this community. To
> provide some background, following
> an initial idea and subsequent discussion amongst the bibliographic
> ontology community (see [1] and onward links),
> I've published a very early draft of some journal metadata available
> as linked opendata.
>
> The intention is to provide some high level data about publications,
> rather than their contents (the
> latter would be a complementary activity). At this stage we're
> attempting to begin collating available
> data, and the dataset referred to below is the first stab at
> representing this using the BIBO ontology.
>
> The data is not yet well linked, e.g. to other LOD resources, but this
> something that will be addressed
> as the project develops.
>
> The project is one of several nascent data conversion projects at the
> new dataincubator.org <http://dataincubator.org> website [2].
> The code for the project is in the dataincubator SVN at [3].
>
> Cheers,
>
> L.
>
> [1].
> http://community.muohio.edu/blogs/darcusb/archives/2009/04/20/linked-periodical-data
> [2]. http://dataincubator.org
> [3]. http://code.google.com/p/dataincubator/source
Leigh,

Very nice!

btw - Are there going to be an actual RDF data dump URLs to accompany
the SPARQL endpoints re. dataincubator.org? If so, then updates the
following pages would be useful to the community at large:

1. http://esw.w3.org/topic/DataSetRDFDumps -- for RDF dumps if they are
going to be provided
2. http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlEndpoints -- for SPARQL endpoints

Kingsley